We're made out of water
Water represents about 60% of an adult's body weight. In fact all of our vital organs* contain different levels of water.¹ It even makes up a large part of our blood, our skin and our muscles. No wonder why it's so important!
What else does water in the body do?
Water is one of the most important needs of the human body and helps with the following functions:
- Keeping your body at the right temperature.
- Carrying out waste products from the body.
- Transporting nutrients from food through the digestive tract, and moving them to the cells via the blood stream.
- Acting as a lubricant for the joints and as a shock absorber for sensitive tissue.
* ¹ Mitchell et al. The Journal of Biological chemistry, 1945: 625-637
Explore Nestlé Pure Life
There's a Nestlé Pure Life bottle to suit the whole family, from our small 60cl bottle for little hands right up to a 150cl bottle for healthy hydration!
Our mums pass on so much to each of us. So Nestle Pure Life is getting mums everywhere to show why they're #ProudToBeMyMum.
Throughout the world and across Nestlé brands, we're involved in a broad range of social and environmental initiatives that together make quite a difference.